Sunday, June 15, 2008

Yuck, Yuck, Yuck

Why do I say "yuck"? Well, that is the best way to describe the last week. Case had bleed out #2. He fell back to sleep and I heard him mumbling about a half and hour later and asked him what he was doing. He told me he was talking to Jesus. At first I thought this was so sweet, and then I kinda started to panic so I woke up Wes and asked him to give Case a blessing. Eek.
The next morning when I took him to the doctor , he was mad that we didn't take him to the ER right when it happened. I told him that the doctor on call told us not to, but he was still pretty frustrated with the whole situation and I felt like a terrible mother. So, I had to take Case to get some blood work done which was not a great experience. After that, Case told me that he does not want to ever go to the doctor again and that they hurt him. Again, I felt terrible. Case's blood levels are extremely low and he is borderline anemic. We may have to start him on iron supplements in a few weeks.
Two nights later, Case began throwing up in the middle of the night. I was happy that this time is was regular vomit and not blood. Madison had been sick earlier in the week, so he must have caught that illness. I called his Pediatrician, and they thought that I should bring him in. I did and she noticed how lethargic he was and had me take him to the hospital to get another blood test. Not again! Well, his levels were about the same as before so that was good that they did not go down.
We have not been to any doctors or hospitals for two days, so that is a little blessing. We are hoping to avoid these places for quite a while. We are plugging along and all is well, but we don't want to repeat the last few weeks ever again!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

My experience with sickness is "when it rains, it pours". Hopefully your rainy season is over.

Poor Case.